I tried Tim Ferriss' morning routine for 7 days. Ferriss is the bestselling author of "The 4-Hour Workweek," a podcast host, an entrepreneur, and an investor.
Here are the routine steps:
1. Get out of bed within 2 mins of alarm going off
2. Make your bed immediately
3. Sit down and meditate for 10-20 mins
4. Take a cold shower
5. Drink some green tea
6. Write in a monkey mind journal (listing all the things that are on your mind. It doesn't need to make sense, just clear your mind.
7. Write in a different diary 3 things you're grateful for, what would make today great, 3 points daily affirmations and at night recap and write 3 awesome things that happen today
8. Bullet journal, everything to accomplish for the day and have top three priorities to focus on.
This all takes around 45 minutes.
Then you can proceed with 20-90 minutes of exercise or do it at your desired time that day.
I have yet to come across a more complex morning routine but I needed to find the best routine for me that would get the most out of my day. Knowing that Tim Ferriss is an incredible business person, human guinea pig and an all round impressive individual, as soon as I finally found his full morning routine I jumped right on board.
And what are the results?
Was it effective? Will I do it again? Do I recommend it for others?
Yes...absolutely. It increased clarity in my mind and productivity. I can't imagine not doing my morning routine now. It's my time to prime myself for the day.
Lots of love,